Easy scratch recipes week for
Stove Top Meatloaf
This is a very quick main dish to prepare when you’re at your favorite camping spot. Another tasty thing to serve with your meatloaf is campfire potatoes. Slice a few potatoes thin, also slice up some onion, mix them together well with some salt and pepper. Add a bunch of butter, double wrap them with aluminum foil. Cook the potatoes on the edge of the fire or in the pan next to the meatloaf. It is always a tasty treat to bring along some sweetcorn on your outing. Cook the sweetcorn in the husks, or foil, right in the fire. When you husk it after it cooks, cover with lots of butter. Tastes so good your arteries won’t care.
Here is your recipe for basic, simple and easy stove top meatloaf. It can be mixed together in minutes and cooked in a covered fry pan or Dutch Oven. The cooking time will depend on your fire probably 20 or 30 minutes, you can prepare this meatball over a campfire by your tent or in your $100,000 camper.
1 pound 80% lean hamburger
one medium onion, diced small
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon each of salt and celery salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 tablespoons ketchup
12 soda crackers
1. In a large zip lock bag mashup crackers into crumbs with your hands.
2. Put the spices and onions into the bag with the cracker crumbs shake it all together.
3. Add the egg and the hamburger.
4. Seal the bag and mix it all together well and then form it into your loaf.
5. Take the loaf out of the bag and place it on a greased double layer of aluminum foil.
6. Spread the ketchup on top of the meat and fold the foil around the loaf, close at the top so you can open later to check.
7. Place the wrapped meatloaf in the pan with some water to keep it from sticking, check often, so it doesn’t go dry.
When you get home from camping and have a large spice rack at your fingertips you can experiment with a more exotic meatloaf. You might just stay with this simple easy meatloaf.